Westminster Abbey is one of the world's greatest churches, with a history stretching back over a thousand years. The Abbey is an essential part of any trip to London! Book your entrance tickets from home for this world-famous church!
- Direct access via the north door to Westminster Abbey
- Admire the incredible architecture
- See the coronation chair
- Learn about the church with a free audio guide
Explore Westminster Abbey
Westminster Abbey is not only an architectural masterpiece from the 13th to 16th centuries but also an UNESCO World Heritage Site. The old church presents a unique pageant of British history.
Here you'll find the shrine of St Edward the Confessor, the tombs of kings and queens, and countless memorials to the famous, like Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Rudyard Kipling, Laurence Olivier, William Shakespeare, Isaac Newton, and Charles Darwin.
It has been the setting for every Coronation since 1066 and for numerous other royal occasions, including sixteen royal weddings. Today it is still a church dedicated to regular worship and to the celebration of great events in the life of the nation.
Learn about the church's fascinating history with a free audio guide (available in 12 languages), which lasts about 60 minutes.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking has been completed your e-ticket will be sent directly to your e-mail. Simply print it out and bring it on your tour.
How long is my ticket valid?
Your ticket to Westminster Abbey is only valid for the date you choose.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between the ages of 6-16. Children under 6 are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Please be aware Westminster Abbey is a active place of worship and is therefore sometimes closed for special services and events. Opening times are subject to change at any time. You are advised to check opening times before your visit.
- Westminster Abbey is closed to tourists on Sundays. On Sundays and religious holidays such as Easter and Christmas, the Abbey is open for worship only. All are welcome and it is free to attend services.
You get access to the church through the entrance at the North Door to Westminster Abbey.
20 Deans Yard,
London SW1P 3PA
Westminster Abbey is open Monday-Saturday at 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
The church is closed for tourists from 12 PM to 1 PM Monday-Friday due to church services.
The closest underground station is: Westminster